Write: yours truly

I woke up from a bad dream crying. It would've been sufficient to say it was a nightmare but it wasn't. It wasn't bad or scary or tragic enough. It was a conversation in my head that I kept replaying over and over while I'm conscious, it has somehow moved to my dreams. It was just a conversation and I broke.

But I know the message was pretty clear. The thing that I've been wanting to tell myself more often: let yourself heal. And more. So here's a post dedicated to me, yours truly.

I know you're struggling. I know you've been keeping up a happy mask to keep everyone off your back. I know your heart still hurts. But don't stop yourself from crying. If you're in pain, let it out. Acknowledge that pain, bring it up to surface and go on from there. Don't let it get stuck in the hollows of your heart. Better yet, clean it out. It will take time - a whole lot of time, but it'll be worth it. I know things will get better, so trust Him. You will be happier, you do deserve better. Be strong, Atikah, you can do this. You will get there, to the embraces of happy and success. 

I know you will and I know you can. Trust Him.